Friday, August 22, 2008

NHL.com Article Pegs vanRiemsdyk

...As Philly's top offensive prospect.

My favorite line:
The reward for finishing with the League's worst record in 2006-07 was this 6-foot-4, 210-pound power forward.

6-foot-4!? Someone's been eating his Wheaties!

While we're checking out the title-linked story be sure to skip on over to the Official Page when you're done and look at the updated roster. It looks like a very apt mixture of big rugged guys throughout the lineup with smaller shifty guys sprinkled in - don't let their size fool you though, a lot of these bigger guys can really move and some of those shorter guys can really throw a hit.

Can you feel the excitement building already!?

Go 'Cats!

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

sounds like a monster. Yikes I would be willin to be he signs after this year. Philly is going to be chomping to get him in a uniform.

Aug 23, 2008, 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

Oh, that's right! You didn't get to see him play as he was with the WJC U-18 team when the 'Cats came knocking.

Have you seen him play at all?

His size with his ridiculous skill... I think he'll really be looking to prove a point this year.

I really like watching him play but honestly I hope to see a bit more effort out of him this year. I felt like he lacked hustle getting back sometimes and that he could have dug around in the offensive zone a bit more. I'm expecting more from him this year and I don't expect I'll be disappointed.

Overall, I'm excited about all of the new talent and there is a lot of it. A bunch of sophomores who've seen little to no game time and the incoming freshmen.

Hockey season is around the corner! Good times!

Aug 23, 2008, 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Eric J. Burton said...

We were cheated out of seeing him play because he was at the WJC.

I was disappointed too...

Aug 23, 2008, 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

Here's some consolation for you - watch starting at 2:37

I wish there was a comprehensive highlight reel for him but there isn't - so you can look around for some other clips.

One of my favorite goals from him this past year was when, and I forget who they were playing, vanRiemsdyk comes flying down the rightwing boards and just releases a bullet of a shot from the right halfboards and totally beats the goalie top shelf far side - ridiculous shot. Reminded me of Cam Neely.

Aug 23, 2008, 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

sorry, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5QcrYgsuLk

Aug 23, 2008, 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2