Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Collins & Aikins' First Game *Links Added!*

I've gotten word that Sean (#15) and Justin (#18) had a strong opening performance in their first preseason game today leading to a 2-1 victory over a very strong Oulun Karpat, one of the best teams in all Europe.

The line, with fellow North American Paul Cabana, scored in their first shift at just :41 seconds into the game. The goal went to Cabana on an Aikins assist. Aikins was also noted for three penalties in the game.

Congrats guys! Nice start!

I'll see if I can get any game notes linked as they become available.

Here we go.

This is the link to the highlight page!(Our 'Cats need one of these!)

This link should take you directly to the large version of the game's highlights.

I've also received this translated comment from my pal who I'm now proclaiming as honorary UNH Men's Hockey Blogger, Finnish Bureau (thanks man!):
(Aikins) - “It’s great that the first game is tough. I don’t know if the referees did a normal job tonight, but I had to learn the local style. I took three penalties and in the future I have to play with more discipline. Our line needs fine tuning in the system that we used in the corners and taking the puck off the transition. When our game conditioning is better, you can expect more.”

Go 'Cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2