Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I stumbled on this article from just over a year ago by Inside College Hockey from a UNH game program from an interview by Al Pike - you following me?

SEEN AND HEARD IN HOCKEY EAST

Josh Ciocco bares all: After stumbling across UNH’s game program for its contests against UMass and Yale on Oct. 26 and Oct. 28, respectively, we felt the need to share a few excerpts. This is an interview done by Al Pike with Wildcat senior captain and resident funnyman Josh Ciocco.

AP: Who is the best practical joker?

JC: “I hate to toot my own horn, but I have a lot of notches on my belt in that category. Mike Radja and Brian Pouliot are kind of having it out right now. [The other day] Radja put shaving cream in Pouliot’s gloves which will lube them up for about a month, and in return Pouliot had [Radja’s] clothes in the shower the next day.

“After a game [pretending to be a reporter] I interviewed [former Wildcat] Preston Callander [on a cell phone] from the front of the bus. I got him going about himself and had him pumping his own tires for awhile. I don’t think he appreciated that too much when he heard the whole front of the bus cracking up and realized it was me, especially since he was a senior and I was a sophomore. He had a couple goals, and he was pretty high on himself so I thought it was a pretty good time to strike.”

AP: Who has the best nickname on the team?

JC: “Jerry Pollastrone is a little pudgy so his dad used to call him Jerry ‘Bag of Doughnuts.’ That one kind of stuck a little bit in the locker room. Bobby Butler, you can have your way with his name in a million different ways being that ‘But’ is the start of his last name, so that has a bunch of renditions Kevin Kapstad, we like to call ‘Kevin Kap-head’ because of the size of his massive head. He’s in denial about it, but if you ever take a look at him, it’s quite large.”

AP: Who has the craziest superstition on the team?

JC: “I think Matt Fornataro’s got a superstition for absolutely everything. You can’t touch his sticks before games, yet Mike Radja feels the need to touch them before every single game.”


Great stuff, guys!

Back to the present.

Get out there on Sunday and show us that you are a team! The University of New Hampshire Wildcats! Come on! We know you've got it!

And lastly, Coach's answers to our questions, from his CSTV "Tuesday @ The Rink" chat, are printed.

Go 'Cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2