Friday, September 21, 2007

Recruit Update: Cody Healy *addendum*

Well, the powers, or sources, that be have seen fit to cover my gaff concerning the location of potential recruit, Cody Healy - he's right here with the Jr. Monarchs Empire Junior Team alongside fellow New Hampshire Native, Connor Shannon (refer to the 'We're Waiting...' post for more details)! But it may have led to other gaffs! It seems I was also misspelling his name as well as having received information with his name misspelled! I've edited for spelling but considering the misspelling all around I would also question the validity of which teams have sought to recruit Cody. What I can tell you is that, Cody Healy, IS with the Monarchs Empire Jr. Team this year and IS a potential recruit of the University of New Hampshire Wildcats!

Somehow I missed him in my perusal of the roster that is title-linked to this post - where his name was misspelled as well!

Here's what was passed along to me - again, edited for spelling.

Cody Healy

Healy, according to sources, signed half-way through last year with the NH Monarchs. 2006/2007. Line - GP:38 Pts:21 PMI:91

Staying with the Monarchs in 07/08 despite offers from the NAHL's [TUMHBG's Notes: league of Brad Flaishans' Texas Tornados] Kenai River Brown Bears, QMJHL Lewiston Maineiacs [defending President's Cup Champions] and COJHL Hawkesbury Hawks[2005 & 2006 CJHL Champions].

Our file:

Cody Healy
Defenseman
DOB: 08/23/1990
Ht: 5'11”
Wt: 175 lbs.
Shot: Right
Hometown: Bedford, N.H.

07/08: N.H. Junior Monarchs

Scouting: Smart stay at home defenseman. Strong on his skates. Keeps it simple. Ultra aggressive. Excels on the penalty kill. In the sights of UNH, BU, UML and Maine.


*I was mistaken to have listed Cody as a Coburg Cougar. I happened upon a spelling error on a site where the actual Coburg Cougar, Cody Heley, was mispelled with an 'a' included to make it the same as the MISSPELLING of Bedford native, Cody Healy's name! I have also received word that the above information may contain some inaccuracies and I am awaiting further confirmation concerning this. As a further note - any information published on this page should be taken as purely UNOFFICIAL and that the accuracy of what is published here is based solely upon whatever anonymous sources provide information to me. In no way should anyone base any judgment of character or potential career path of anyone but myself on the information contained within this blog.

So, there you have it! WHEW! Still, anytime anyone has any news pertinent to Wildcat Nation Hockey please let me know - you can use my email contact in the right hand column or submit a comment to any story.

Speaking of which - Boblav (from the USCHO Fan Forum) uncovers a nice write-up on our newest Future 'Cat, Ryan Bourque, from the New England Hockey Journal. It even has an elusive picture of the fiesty forward!

Go 'Cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2