Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In The Box

WTF is up with the reffing!?

You! referees(especially you Hansen)! FIVE MINUTES FOR UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT!

Last year the only ref I had a problem with was Conrad Hache - thankfully he set the bar so low that the AHL scooping him up for a ref seems to have all the refs in our league trying to follow in the ol' Hach-et Job's footsteps.

This year the 'Conrad Hache Award' goes to Dave Hansen. Now Davey 'Crocket - like Miami Vice' Hansen has always had good games and bad games. Not as bad as Conrad 'The Sickle and Hammer Communist' Hache but he obviously takes criticism WAY too personally (if my house gets burned down because of this we ALL KNOW WHO DID IT!) and he has severe personal control issues - I won't mention any specific incidents like the debacle in maine but we've all seen this unbecoming behavior - I won't even mention the ridiculous calls that had providence fans LAUGHING and the call-by-call guys groaning in astonishment at the worse called game they had ever witnessed. Hansen, you give refs, a bad name, (echo) bad name!

Then there's Tim 'This Is MY Game' Benedetto - come on dude, you're not fooling anybody with those bogus calls! Most of the time your intent seems to be to punish the team with the lead but any team who has ever been on your bad side has seen you call a game so lop-sided that the fans fall out of their seats as you tip the Earth from its axis!

Gravalese - I love you man! But you've been slippin' a little lately! What's with that!? I know you've still got it! You just need to call the game the way the communisht wants it called - I know, I know, it doesn't suit your let the teams settle it mentality but I think if you just call all the penalties that should be called that you will see the same results - if anyone can do it, you can!

The rest of you fools seem to be escaping my notice so I can only say that this is a good thing!

As for you Hansen!

Skate! Skate! Skate! Sit down ______!(I almost wrote it!)

*As a note I just found out that Seacoast Online has a section they call Two Minutes in the Box and they did a segment titled 'Two Minutes in the Box with Mike Radja' on Feb. 2nd - I want to set the record once and for all, I did NOT steal this idea unless I subconsciously heard it somewhere, this was not even my planned original title for these posts - now I feel like a TOTAL hack! Hope you enjoy these posts anyhow!*

Go 'Cats!

2 Comments:

Blogger Qman16 said...

The Portsmouth Hearl has been running 2 minutes in a box for a couple of years. Is in the paper every Friday. This year its been Radja doing it. Ciocco did last year

Feb 28, 2007, 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

Where have I been!?

Just shows that I can't do it all! So, have you considered writing for The UNH Men's Hockey Blog (for the rest of Wildcat Nation, I extended an invitation to Q after stumbling onto his blog - which I haven't gotten around to linking - doh!)

So?

Go 'Cats!

Feb 28, 2007, 5:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2