Monday, February 19, 2007

If I Could Turn Back Time

You can check out the title linked page for your inspiration - me? I turned to the greatest moment in American Hockey - The Miracle On Ice - and found these quotes from Miracle that I find especially poignant at the moment...

Herb Brooks: That look like hockey to you?
[pause]
Herb Brooks: To me it looks like two monkeys trying to hump a football.
-
Jack O'Callahan: You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?
Cox: Isn't it obvious? For the girls!
Jack O'Callahan: I'm serious Coxy. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?
Cox: Cause I love to play hockey. I wanna go to the NHL just like everyone does.
Jack O'Callahan: Well I wanted to win a national championship.
(*For those whose Hockey Knowledge isn't complete - Coxy is none other than UNH great Ralph Cox - he did not make the team.)
-
Herb Brooks: Have you? Given me your very best? Because I know there's a lot more in you, a whole other level that for some reason you just don't want to go to. Aw, hell, you don't understand what the hell I'm talking about.
-
Herb Brooks: This is your time! Now go out there and take it!
-
Cox: I'm Ralph Cox... I'm from wherever won't get me hit.
-

Sorry Coxy, but you should have said 'the best damn team in the country'!

So guys, what's it going to be? What are YOU HERE for? And what are you going to do about it? I personally don't ever want to see you just sit back and take a beating in YOUR building, in YOUR HOME, ever again! The Whittemore Center is YOUR HOME! The Verizon Wireless is YOUR HOME! Let us be the team that doesn't let ANYONE come into OUR HOUSE and push us around!

Go 'Cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2