Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well, I'll start with the good.*New Stuff As of 6:30pm before gametime*

It's good, great even, to see everyone show-up and show us the extent of Wildcat Nation!
If you haven't already, get your location up on the Frapper Map at the bottom of the page. For those already there, a name (make one up if you don't want to use your own) and a shoutout would be nice (I'm pretty sure you can edit your marker). Thanks to Savo and Jamie for letting us know that we are among former Wildcat greats here at the UNH Hockey Blog!

Now, for the bad.

With a dismal 6 votes (including yours truly) - Brian Foster gets the nod for tonight's game with 4 of the 6 votes. I saw the two votes for Regan but I didn't see any reasoning for the vote in the comment section (you just scroll down the results pop-up). I really can't justify putting Regan in tonight. Brian played extremely well against Lowell, I want to see what he is capable of against BC. Regan has started every game and Foster earned another start with his play against Lowell. I'm still wondering if it's ever been done before - first start, first shutout?

As for tonight's game.

The first line is going to have to produce. Trevor Smith is patched up but I'm going off what I saw last of him and that is someone playing injured - this could reduce his effectiveness, but maybe - more probably - if I can tell anything looking at a player like Trevor Smith he's going to dig deep and have a big night. The third and fourth lines are going to be great for us. They've discovered their role as the heart and soul of this team - I should just call them 'heart' line and 'soul' line. They are going to be crucial to establishing the intensity of the team. I think Brett is just hitting his stride as I saw him on that right post for the first time this year last game. Jacob has been putting up points all year, look for him to figure big in tonights game.

Tonight's going to be all about playing hard, playing fast and dominating the opposition from the start. Cory Schneider has been shaky all season, I expect to see that confirmed tonight. If our 'Cats decide to come with intensity early tonight I would even expect to see him pulled.

*I embarrassed myself for publishing this without mentioning our D. Defense will be tight tonight. Strong, stand-up play at our blue line and bodies on opposing players in front of the net. NO GETTING CAUGHT OUT OF POSITION. I suspect Brad Flaishans will continue to add to his defense-leading point totals tonight and contribute to the W. I'm thinking our 'Cats may be looking to put another 0 in the opposing team's scoring column.*

This is my mantra!

I want game-in, game-out domination! I want the net bricked-in! I want buckets of first period goals as well as second and third!

Keep your noses to the grindstone! Bury every puck in the back of the opposition's net and plow under anyone who gets in your way!

Go 'Cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2