Saturday, November 18, 2006

*NEW STUFF 11/19/06*

This year's team can go as far as it wants but it will want for more intensity to do so.

Brian Foster, I believe, has made an impression. I expected no less. I would like to see what happens when he lets up two goals early. Will he step up? Hold his composure as well as he did for a shutout in his first collegiate game? Time will tell. I bet he will.

Trevor Smith was held to just one assist in the 4-0 shutout over Lowell due to a cut that required a significant number of stiches above his knee. He returned to the game as soon as he could but was not able to be effective. Hopefully he will be back to top form soon.

An awesome weekend, but not good enough. There's more to be done. Hemingway, Micflikier and Radja need to buckle down and take control of their game. There's potential there for them to just explode and put the second line in their place. I must say that I really see the team coming together. Josh, I want to see the Stick Salute tightened-up (make sure you read through the posts to see my suggestions). And WATCH THE PENALTIES! Keep the Defense tight like you did tonight! A couple breakdowns, watch the high-pressure moves above the blue-line.

INTENSITY, INTENSITY, INTENSITY!

*And I'll allow 'gman16' to goad me into posting...

CONGRATULATIONS SHAWN VINZ!!! How does it feel to skate the gauntlet after all these years!?

ONE... WE WANT MORE!*

Go 'Cats!

4 Comments:

Blogger Qman16 said...

Forget to mentions Shawn Vinz's first goal!!!
Great to see that!!!


Vinz for Hobey!!!!

Nov 18, 2006, 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

Good one!

No, I love to see a guy like Shawn get his first goal. I've always liked the way Vinz has played the game for our Wildcats - ever since I first saw him.

Congrats Shawn!

And don't forget - I did predict his first goal coming against Lowell... so what if I was a night early!

Go 'Cats!

Nov 19, 2006, 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Qman16 said...

Have been a fan of Vinz for a couple of years, he never quits, can be out of the line up for a month, and when he gets in always go all out. Love having him out there with the freshman, think it helps them out.
Of course the game I miss he gets it, not happy about that. WIsh it was in Lowell was down at the game.

Nov 19, 2006, 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOGGER GUY said...

figures... ain't that the way it always is with hockey...

Nov 19, 2006, 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter

Firefox 2